Get the most out of the Carnival Season in Summer 2016 and Winter 2017
At Wyntersun Carnival Holidays we want people to know that there’s so much, they can get out of a city if they attend a Carnival during the Carnival Season. It’s a great experience & we have 1 or 2 tips they can get on it.
- Comfortable foot wear is advisable at all times, you don’t want the problem of having to nurse bruised or swollen feet
- Plan what you would like to do during and after the carnival, and get to know the local transport operating times in advance.
- Drink loads of water throughout the day to avoid dehydration. The road marches can be long, busy and crowded so always be stocked up!
- Arriving to Carnival early and picking the best spots to see all the spectacular colour and costumes is paramount.
- Be part of an established Carnival Mas Band and enjoy the feeling of togetherness. Find new friends and experience something special. Enjoy Carnival knowing you will be looked after.
- There are many Fetes (parties) which are all-inclusive and includes entry, food and alcohol. Once you book your ‘Complete Carnival Package’ this will all be taken care of.
- Book your package early to avoid disappointment and qualify for the best early booking offers. Flight seats sellout very quickly so don’t wait around!
- See your favorite artists and bands and get close to the excitement, with VIP access available on selected packages.
- Travel light and try not to carry big bags. The Carnival experience is too busy and exciting to be weighed down.
- If traveling with friends, make sure a meeting point and time is arranged so your group will know where to find each other should you get separated.
- Stay safe and always keep your valuables out of site for potential pickpockets. If you do at all suffer any distress, then local security and the local authorities will be close by to assist.
You can check the local transport links for the following carnivals below. These are the official transport information websites for each destination.